Friday, May 8, 2009

Announcing Adalynn Dryden's Arrival

Born at 7:17 am on 5/5/09 she's our cinco de mayo baby so we get to look forward to yearly fiesta's!

She weighed 8lbs 4oz and was 19in long.
We had an exciting time getting her here. About 1:00 am Tuesday I started to bleed really bad and a lot. My thought was I don't know what is going on but this doesn't look good. So we headed to the hospital to get things checked out. The bleeding seemed under control and I was dilated to a 4 so the Doctor decided to just start me and get the baby here. I was a bit nervous but ready for the baby to come at the same time. A few hours later some small contractions had started so I was to the point of being uncomfortable but not in a ton of pain, but then I started hemorrhaging pretty bad so the Doctor decided we'd better get the baby out so we could stop the bleeding. Losing that much blood had worried me but when he said we had to do an emergency c-section I just wanted to burst into tears. I really didn't was to have a c-section it just sounded scary. But I knew there was not much option at this point so I decided I better get myself under control and not make things worse. The nurses were great as was the anaesthesiologist, they really helped make me feel comfortable and safe, in the very scary and rushed situation. The anaesthesiologist did a spinal block that numbed me from the chest down, and then they wheeled me into the surgery room. Joe put scrubs on and and was able to be right beside me the whole time. There was a sheet blocking my view of them cutting me open thank goodness but I can't express the joy in hearing her cry and then the excitement of seeing her beautiful face, I noticed right away the small dimple in her chin which comes from my dad. I couldn't help but cry a bit in the excitement of it all. She was so perfect and beautiful and thus far I hadn't had to go through much pain to get her here just some fear and a ton of blood loss, between 1500 and 2000 cc's or about 8 or more cups of blood. I spent the next couple of days in the hospital recovering and enjoying the yummy food and them sticking me with needles I was so glad to get out of there last night. We learned that the cord was pretty tight around her neck a couple of times and under her arm so the Doctor said had things worked out for her to come vaginally we most likely would have run into problems and had to do a c-section anyways so we were so so blessed that things worked out the way they did the worst part of the whole thing was staying in the hospital so long and these dang staples in my tummy, oh and choosing a name for her. But I have to give the credit of the blessing to Joe because all of my complaining the week before and being frustrated with pregnancy and the lack of faith I was having didn't deserve much, So it was all thanks to Joe's patience with me and his faith in the Lord that we were able to be so blessed. And we are now home and loving life with our sweet little Adalynn.




10 comments:

Lauren Kay said...

I had no idea you were so far along! You looked great! And, my mom had all c-sections (five), she was worried with the first (and favorite, me) but I think in the end it was ok. BUT, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! SHE'S SO PRETTY AND YOU LOOK GREAT! Kocham was!

Stringham Family said...

Congrats Lis and Joe! That is so exciting! I'm so glad that things ended up well and that both Mom and baby are happy and healthy! She is beautiful and she has such a cute name! I love it! Does she have a middle name? Hope things keep going well for you! Joe give Lisa a hug for me! Miss you like crazy Lisa, I guess I have an even better reason to make my way down to Preston so that I can come and see your new little one! Congrats again!

Ellie said...

this is Heather's sister in law Marilyn...CONGRATULATIONS!!!! She's beautiful! Heather and Scott told us about your drama so we had to stop by your blog and see your pretty baby. Isn't being a mom wonderful??? You get so nervous 'cause you can't go back but then they make it so so so so worth it! She's darling!

Heather said...

I love the pictures! I can't wait to see you guys again. congratulations!!!

Sariah Hartley said...

She is so beautiful! She looks like both your families put together, which is adorable!

Abe n Linz said...

Congrats! I am so glad everything turned out alright. Make sure you take it easy so you can heal up fast!

Anonymous said...

Hooray!!! I've been checking everyday! Congrats. She is beautiful--seriously. Wish I could come see you and hold her...Love you!

Curtis Family said...

Congrats you two! I saw your mom Lisa at a baseball game and she kind of gave me a run down. I bet it was such a bonding experience for you and Joe. I know my few complications when Lola was born really brought us together. She is SO beautiful and I LOVE her name. Good work you guys!

Lindsay said...

Oh Lisa, congratulations! I just got back to Alaska and finally have the internet, and checking your blog was one of my first priorities! She's so cute, and I LOVE her name! It sounds like you went through quite the ordeal, but of course, alls well that ends well, and you have a gorgeous baby girl! Good luck with all the adjustments, and keep us updated OFTEN!

Grant, Sarah, Edwin, and Leland said...

Beautiful name! and story, I started crying but I'm such a sucker for delivery story. I'm so happy you and the baby are alright, healthy, and back in you own home. Your baby is beautiful, I'm so happy for you guys it's a wonderful experience having a baby, take in as much as you can. I know Edwin is only 10 months but as Grant and I look at videos and pictures from when he was a newborn, we miss it, we miss our little new born Edwin. Well I'm so happy for you guys and hopefully we hear more about how it's going.

Love ya,
Sarah Jean